Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How it all started.

so this is my first blog, but I think I'm going to like this. Since I want whoever reads this (including myself) to know and to remember how the most amazing person and I came to be I'm going to start from the beginning. :) That way it makes more sense. Jake Worthington and I met "officially" when he was a senior and I was a junior in high school. Yes we are your typical "high school sweethearts". He was friends with a friend of mine that was on drill team with me. I had always wanted to be friends with her, but it didnt happen until January of 2007. But back up a month and that would be the first time Jake and I talked. He was always the "funny guy" so for that years christmas assembly they had him do the narration and be a "talk show host". So while the show choir was performing he was backstage, and I just happened to be back there waiting for a girl on my team that was also on the show choir to come get her clothes to change into so we could perform. Next thing I know, the boy I had ALWAYS wanted to talk to said to me"Hey, your courtney right?" Dumb struck as I was I answered with a very shy "yes". He smiled and said "your on the drill team." I replied back "Yeah, I'm actually the drill mistriss, well one of them." His face lit up and he quickly said "oh! I'm sorry I didn't know that. You guys are really good this year, are you performing today?" To me, I was amazed he even watched us during assemblies and basketball games so at this moment I wanted to lift my jaw off the ground and go back to my own world, but I didn't and I kept talking "uh, yeah we're performing, I actually choreographed this dance." Then he smiled again and said "well I'll be watching for you." My heart was beating so hard during that dance! SO that was our first conversation ever! ha ha.
Well time went by, and I didn't talk to him, I had a boyfriend I wasn't happy with, but couldn't do much about it. Kym and I decided we were a perfect match of being best friends, and that's when I found out she was friends with Jake. She told me she would help us become friends. I was pretty happy to hear that. Well David broke up with me in February and by then I had talked to Jake one more time. It was too quick to even call a conversation. Then one day our school had a lock down because some idiots decided to shoot off bottle rockets in the parking lot, and they thought it was guns. So during this lock down all outside classroom students had to wait in the commons until it was ok to go back to class. That year Jake and I had seminary together, he never went or he slept in the class so I never got the chance to talk to him and I was always too scared to sit by him. anyway! during this lock down, I was sitting at a lunch table when Jake walked by and was looking for a place to sit. I don't know where I got the guts, but I called out to him and told him to sit by me. He came and sat in front of me. We talked about what was going on in the parking lot for a second, then the administration asked us to move to one section of the commons. At that moment, I thought he was going to get up and leave and that would be the end of that conversation, but he didn't, instead he came and sat right next to me. He started to go through my purse, and I was wondering what he was doing. I had gloves in my purse because it was the middle of winter and our heater had broken in the school. He started to put the gloves on, and then suddenly took them off and said "I shouldnt put these on, if your boyfriend saw he wouldnt be happy." I smiled because I didn't have a boyfriend anymore, so I said back "well I don't have a boyfriend, so I think you'll be ok with putting them on." Jakes face lit up like a candle and he said "really?" ha ha ha. I was so happy to see that look on his face.
The next week, I got another set of guts and asked him on a date for the next saturday. He said yes and we went on a double date with Kym and her date. By the end of the night we were kissing, and I was head over heels for him. Two weeks later on March 16, 2007 we made it Official, and we have been together ever since (2 years and 7 months).
Jake left for his mission December 5, 2007 and today I am still writing him and waiting for him. He has 7 WEEKS LEFT!
On every thursday until he is home, I will give an update on how our relationship is going, and how I'm doing with the wait. I will also maybe put a memory up of us two.
I love him with all my heart and I can't wait to see him again!!!!!

1 comment: